Caramel macchiato cheesecake is a fashionable coffee cheesecake topped off with caramel sauce.
You might perceive it to be an almost impossible task to find suitable cheesecake recipes among the literally millions of caramel macchiato cheesecake and other caramel macchiato pastry recipes on the internet.
Don’t fret - we’re here to assist you to find the perfect baked and no-bake caramel macchiato cheesecake recipes.
What This Article Covers:
- The Two Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake Preparation Methods
- Baked Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake Recipe
- Refrigerated Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake Recipe
- Other Coffee Desserts
The Two Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake Preparation Methods
The first, and traditional, method is to back the cheesecake. This takes a while and involves whisking eggs into the cream cheese to make something similar to a custard. We think that this is the superior method, but it can go wrong if you’re not paying attention and result in a grainy, scrambled cake.
Refrigerated cheesecake is much simpler and more accommodating for novice bakers. You just need to make sure you’ve got enough time beforehand to allow the dessert to set in the fridge. You need at least 3 or 4 hours, but for best results, you should wait a day.
Pros and Cons of Baked vs No-bake Caramel Macchiato Cheesecakes
In our view, both baked and no-bake caramel macchiato cheesecakes can rise to the occasion but for different reasons:
- A baked cheesecake is smoother, richer, and creamier than a refrigerated cheesecake. Refrigerated cheesecake is more fluffy and mousse-like in comparison.
- A baked cheesecake is sturdier because of the eggs. If you want to make a firm refrigerated cheesecake, you need to add gelatine. This makes it incompatible for vegetarians.
Baked Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake Recipe
- 1½ cups Graham cracker cookies / digestive cookies;
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted;
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon espresso coffee, preferably made from dark roast coffee beans;
- 3.5 oz bittersweet chocolate;
- 2 lb cream cheese;
- 1 cup granulated sugar;
- ¼ cup cornstarch;
- 1 tsp vanilla extract;
- ¼ tsp almond extract;
- ½ tsp salt;
- 3 extra-large eggs;
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ lb granulated sugar;
- Lemon juice
- 3 oz salter butter;
- ½ cup heavy cream;
- 1 tsp salt;
- Heat the oven to 350 Farehnheit
- Place the cookie crumbs, cinnamon, and melted butter in a food processor. Blend until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Pour into a 9-inch pan and press crumbs into the bottom of the pan and up the sides. This makes the base of your cake.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Cool to room temperature and then move it to the fridge to set.
- Chop the bittersweet chocolate and place it in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir gently until it’s evenly melted. Remove it from the heat and stir in the espresso.
- Mix the cream cheese, cornstarch, sugar, vanilla, almond extract, and salt with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy; Reduce speed to medium and add the eggs one at a time.
- Using a spatula, fold in the sour cream and cooled chocolate mixture.
- Pour into the cooled crust and bake for 1 hour in a preheated oven.
- To check if the cheesecake is ready, give the tin a light shake. The mixture should be firm but wobble slightly in the middle. Once it’s ready, turn the oven off and leave the cake in the oven with the door ajar for 1,5 hours.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool to room temperature for at least 2-3 hours. Then let it set in the fridge for at least a day.
Caramel Topping Directions:
Caution: Sugar work is potentially dangerous. Melting sugar is extremely hot and can cause severe burns. Do not so this with children and make sure there’s no water near the pot.
- Put the sugar and a few drops of lemon juice in a pan over medium heat. Stirring constantly with a heatproof spoon, melt the sugar until it turns into a light caramel.
- Once it’s reached the color of golden straw, add the butter and stir it through vigorously.
- Once it’s all melted through, cook it down for another minute before carefully incorporating the heavy cream.
- Remove the caramel sauce from heat and stir in the salt.
- Once the sauce and the cheesecake are cool, pour the sauce over the cake. You can decorate it with some feathering or by sprinkling over a few roasted coffee beans.
Refrigerated Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake Recipe
For the crust and the caramel sauce, follow the instructions in the previous section of this recipe.
- 2 oz white chocolate, finely chopped;
- ¼ cup heavy cream at room temperature;
- 3 Tbsp brewed espresso;
- 1½ lbs cream cheese;
- 1 tsp vanilla extract;
- ¼ tsp salt;
- ½ cup caramel sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- Place the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat the chocolate at 50% power in 15-second intervals with stirring in between until it’s melted. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes
- Place the cream cheese in a mixing bowl and beat with a mixer set at medium-high for 2-3 minutes until fluffy. Beat in the sugar gradually.
- Beat in the melted white chocolate, vanilla bean paste, salt, heavy cream, and espresso for 2 minutes
- Pour a third of the filling into the prepared crust; top with the caramel sauce; Top with the remaining filling and smooth top with a spatula.
- Set the cake in the fridge overnight for best results.
Other Coffee Desserts
We think that pretty much any dessert can be improved by incorporating coffee into it, and we’re sure you feel the same. Some of our favorite delectables are the caramel macchiato cookies and our caramel macchiato cupcake recipe.
We think these recipes are easy to follow, even for novice bakers, and they’re simply delicious to boot.
You make an irresistible caramel macchiato cheesecake whether or not you’re an expert baker or have access to an oven.
No matter which you choose, we’re sure you’ll love the result and you’ll be showing off to your friends in no time.
Did you find our blog helpful? Then consider checking:
- What Is a Macchiato
- Caramel Macchiato Recipe
- Caramel Pumpkin Macchiato
- Caramel Hazelnut Macchiato
- Caramel Apple Macchiato
- Iced Vanilla Latte vs Iced Caramel Macchiato
- Hazelnut Mocha Macchiato
- Marble Mocha Macchiato
- Caramel Macchiato vs White Chocolate Mocha
- Types of Macchiato
- Cocoa Cloud Macchiato Recipe
- Iced Caramel Macchiato
- Iced Caramel Macchiato with Cold Foam
- Iced Caramel Macchiato with Almond Milk
- Iced Salted Caramel Macchiato