The sweet, custardy goodness of crème brûlée is a favorite for many. You might think that capturing this desert as a drink is impossible.
This recipe will show you just how to do it so you can achieve the perfect crème brûlée espresso macchiato.
What This Article Covers:
Why a Crème Brûlée Macchiato?
A macchiato is a great pick-me-up; small and strong. For espresso lovers who like a bit of creaminess, a macchiato is a perfect drink. Throw in some vanilla and caramel, and you have the ultimate crème brûlée drink at home.
There are a variety of espresso blends to choose from. It’s important to pick a coffee that you enjoy, so it helps to know what you’re looking for. Lightly roast coffee beans are normally higher in acid, which pairs well with the added sweetness that comes with a crème brûlée macchiato.
When you make new drinks, remember to experiment. Following the recipe below is a good place to start. But don’t be scared to try new things. Replace ingredients and increase or decrease measurements as you please.
If you’re looking for other ideas, you don’t have to stop here. There are many types of macchiatos, including one of our favorites, hazelnut macchiatos. These are also delicious and easy to make. Replace the caramel syrup in this recipe with hazelnut syrup for a yummy alternative.
Recipe for Crème Brûlée Macchiato
- 1 oz strong espresso
- 1 Tbsp caramel sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla sauce
- milk of choice
- 2 drops of vanilla essence
- 1 Tbsp chopped caramel pieces
- Brew your favorite espresso blend.
- Swirl a line of caramel syrup around the inside of your cup.
- Add extra sugar or sweetener to taste. This is optional.
- Warm your milk or alternative on the stove or in the microwave.
- Stir in caramel sauce and vanilla essence.
- Use a handheld or tabletop milk frother to froth milk. You want to reach the same level of fluffiness as a cappuccino.
- Gently pour hot frothed milk onto espresso.
- Sprinkle a small amount of sugar on top of the hot-frothed milk. Leave for a few moments until it forms a thin crust.
- Top with small chopped pieces of caramel.
- Enjoy your macchiato!
You can easily transform your short macchiato into a tall macchiato by doubling the quantities of ingredients. Be careful with the amount of sweetener you use as it can quickly become too sweet.
Macchiato Crème Brûlée
Making your own macchiato can be time-consuming. You may be too busy to spend time mixing drinks. Our creme brulee coffee blends are a simple, affordable way to make delicious hot drinks at home.
To save yourself some time and ensure that you’re getting a high-quality product, try out Lifeboost Coffee’s Creme Brulee Coffee Beans. With these, all you have to do is brew your coffee like normal, add a little milk to suit your taste, and you’re good to go.
We also offer a monthly subscription service, so you never have to be without your favorite coffee. We understand that coffee is a ritual for many. Furthermore, we believe it is important to make great coffee without impacting the environment.
It’s essential for our business to pay our workers and farmers well. We take sustainability very seriously. It is possible to protect farmland and wildlife. And you can still have incredible coffee every day.
Did you find our blog helpful? Then consider checking:
- Cinnamon Almond Milk Macchiato
- What Is an Espresso Macchiato?
- Apple Crisp Macchiato Recipe
- Cinnamon Cloud Macchiato
- Cocoa Cloud Macchiato Recipe
- Iced Coconut Milk Mocha Macchiato
- Iced Caramel Macchiato with Cold Foam
- Iced Caramel Macchiato with Almond Milk
- Iced Hazelnut Macchiato
- How to Make a Macchiato
- Caramel Macchiato Recipe
- Iced Vanilla Latte vs Iced Caramel Macchiato
- Mocha Cloud Macchiato
- Blended Caramel Macchiato
- Caramel Macchiato Cake