There's something about a good skinny caramel macchiato recipe that makes the world feel right. Maybe it's the creamy, delicious espresso with just the right amount of sweetness. Or maybe it's the way the milk perfectly balances out the coffee flavor.
Whatever it is, this coffee is a must-have for any caffeine lover. A freshly brewed Keto caramel macchiato or healthy caramel macchiato could be one of the reasons why a whopping 64% of Americans drink a cup of coffee daily.
While it's good to always pass by your favorite coffee shop to get your fix, it’s also prudent to learn how to make caramel apple macchiato at home. It saves you money and allows you to experiment with different coffee flavors. Most importantly, it allows you to customize your caffeine intake depending on what works for you.
This blog post teaches you how to make a macchiato at home. We give you a detailed skinny caramel macchiato recipe and some tips on how to make a caramel macchiato sweeter. Read on.
But first...what is a skinny caramel macchiato?
Before we dive into our skinny caramel macchiato recipe, we need to understand what this coffee drink is.
A caramel macchiato is an espresso beverage consisting of espresso shots with added milk and caramel syrup. The milk is steamed and then poured over the espresso, resulting in a layered drink.
While this recipe has many variations, the classic caramel macchiato contains equal parts espresso, milk, and foam. It's usually served in a tall glass with a straw so you can enjoy all the layers at once.
Also, some variations of this drink are typically low in calories and sugar, making it a good choice for those watching their weight.
Skinny Caramel Macchiato Recipe
Ingredients for caramel macchiato:
- ½ cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup organic decaf coffee or strong brewed regular coffee
- 2 teaspoons caramel sundae topping
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages Splenda, Truvia, Equal, or your favorite sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon caramel sauce drizzled on top. This is a critical topping ingredient.
Note: With this skinny caramel macchiato recipe, you should be able to prepare your drink in 10 minutes.
Brew your coffee strong. This will give your caramel macchiato the right flavor. If you are using a machine, use two shots of espresso.
In a small saucepan, heat the milk on medium-high heat until it steams. Do not let it boil.
Once the milk is hot, add the caramel sundae topping and vanilla extract to it and stir well. The mixture will thicken as you stir. You can use a blender to get a foamier mixture.
Add half of the coffee to a tall glass, then top with half of the foamed milk mixture. Stir gently to combine.
Repeat Step four using another cup of coffee and the remaining foamed milk mixture. Be sure to drizzle some caramel sauce on top before serving.
Serve and enjoy.
Making your skinny caramel macchiato sweeter
There are many ways to make a caramel macchiato sweeter. They include:
- Adding sugar substitute: You can add more sugar or your favorite sugar substitute if you like. The key here is not to overdo it, as too much sweetener will ruin the taste of your coffee.
- Adding more milk: It's easier to modify the sweetness of a drink by adding more milk than anything else. This is because there are many different types and flavors out there. Some examples include vanilla soy, almond coconut, skimmed dairy products (such as lactose-free yogurt), and more. These can all contribute to different flavors that will change the sweetness of your drink.
- Adding more foam: Adding more foam to your caramel macchiato will make it sweeter as well as creamier. Remember, too much froth can ruin the flavor by making your coffee taste watered-down and bland. It's best to use a milk frother for this step so that there won't be any lumps in the mixture.
- Adding more flavoring: Flavored syrups, creamers, and other additives are another way to change up how sweet a drink tastes. Try adding more vanilla extract or flavored creamer if you like the flavor but don't want it too strong in taste.
Tip: As you make your drink sweeter, remember that sugar can lead to weight gain if you consume too much of it. So try adding less sugar or using alternatives like honey instead.
It’s always exciting to learn new things about coffee every day. We hope our skinny caramel macchiato recipe helps you enjoy your favorite espresso beverage from the comfort of your home.
Make sure to experiment with different variations to find the perfect sweet spot for you. Whether you are making crisp apple macchiato or a healthy iced caramel macchiato, don't forget to use this article as a guide. Don't be afraid to get creative and enjoy your coffee.
Did you find our blog helpful? Then consider checking:
- Caramel Macchiato Vegan
- Caramel Macchiato vs Latte
- Caramel Pumpkin Macchiato
- Caramel Macchiato Ice Cream
- Blended Caramel Macchiato
- Caramel Hazelnut Macchiato
- Salted Caramel Macchiato
- Drinks Similar to Caramel Macchiato
- Frozen Caramel Macchiato
- Iced Caramel Macchiato
- How to Make a Macchiato
- Macchiato vs Cortado
- Iced Caramel Macchiato with Almond Milk
- White Mocha Macchiato
- Types of Macchiato