It’s easier than you think to make delicious, healthy, low-calorie coffee drinks at home. There is research that points to coffee aiding weight loss. We have collected three healthy coffee drink recipes for you to try.
Caffeine can promote weight loss in adults by improving your energy and boosting your metabolism. Coffee can also change fat storage in the body, which can be beneficial when working on weight management.
One study found that coffee consumption can be linked to lower body fat in men. Another discovered that an increase in coffee drunk by women can lead to decreased body fat.
We know that more physical activity leads to weight loss. People who drink two cups of coffee every day are 17% more likely to do the recommended amount of exercise each day.
Coffee also contains a variety of nutrients, including potassium and magnesium. These nutrients aid in muscle function and digestive health.
Adults shouldn’t be drinking more than four cups of coffee per day. Be sure to limit your consumption to 4 healthy coffee recipes each day if you are looking to lose weight.
What This Article Covers:
Is Black Coffee Unhealthy?
According to Mayo Clinic, drinking a large amount of unfiltered coffee can lead to an increase in cholesterol. It can also raise your blood pressure temporarily while the caffeine is in your system.
However, it’s theorized that drinking a small amount of coffee daily can have some benefits. 30 studies with 1,185,210 participants found that drinking coffee is associated with a 6% lower risk of type 2 diabetes per cup per day.
Another study, done in 2019 concluded these results: “Stem cell-derived adipocytes exposed to caffeine (1 mM) showed increased UCP1 protein abundance and cell metabolism, with enhanced oxygen consumption and proton leak.”
Adipocytes are the cells that compose body fat and specialize in storing energy as fat. UCP1 protein allows mammals to create heat in their bodies by using stored energy as opposed to shivering.
Healthy Coffee Drink Recipes
These coffee recipes are low in calories, but high in caffeine. Always drink coffee in moderation. Be aware that adding milk and sweeteners to your coffee drinks will increase the calorie count.
Choosing high-quality coffee can make all the difference. People are on the fence about the effect of pesticides on humans, but if you prefer to avoid them, buy organic coffee. If you buy locally, that’s even better. Your healthy choices can support the economy in your area.
Another way you can make your coffee healthier is by adding cocoa. Cocoa has been linked to a reduced risk of heart disease. It also has a variety of other health benefits and is chock-full of antioxidants.
Of course, it’s not all just about coffee. Balance is the key to a healthy life, and we’ve got you covered in that regard. Check out our blog section to find tasty and healthy recipes for matcha tea lattes and low-sugar chai lattes.
Three Ingredient Almond Vanilla Coffee
Black coffee is the healthiest type on the market, but that doesn’t mean you only have to have it black to have a good cup of coffee.
This delicious coffee is quick and easy to make. It can be one of your go-to morning coffee recipes, as you can make it in under seven minutes.
- 2-4 tbsp ground coffee. Try our low-acid decaf ground coffee for a delicious base that also won’t keep you up at night.
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1-2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Boil the water.
- Brew your coffee using your preferred method.
- Heat the almond milk on the stove or in the microwave.
- Mix half a cup of hot almond milk with half a cup of strong, black coffee.
- Add one to two tablespoons of vanilla extract. You can add more if you prefer a stronger vanilla taste.
- Drink immediately.
Cashew Coffee Latte
If you’re looking for something a little different to jazz up your daily coffee, then this is for you. Not only are cashews delicious, but they also have a variety of health benefits.
Cashews are high in fiber, full of protein, and overflowing with healthy fats. They also have vitamins and minerals which may help with weight loss. They can also control blood sugar and aid in heart health.
- ½ cup coffee
- ½ cup favorite nut milk
- ¼ roasted, chopped cashews
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Boil the water.
- Brew your coffee.
- Add the coffee, cashews, and honey to a blender.
- Blend the mixture until smooth and there are no bits of cashew left.
- Use a powerful handheld milk frother to froth your milk. Milks froth at different temperatures, so double check the temperature for your preferred milk.
- Add your delicious coffee-cashew mixture to a mug.
- Add your hot, frothed milk on top.
- Garnish with chopped cashews and a dash of honey.
If you want more healthy hot coffee recipes, check out our blog.
Cinnamon Iced Coffee
If you prefer to start your day with an iced coffee, we have the perfect recommendation for you. This cinnamon iced coffee is low in calories and is absolutely delicious.
Cinnamon is an excellent, natural way to add some flavor to your coffee. Studies have shown that cinnamon can also lower cholesterol and blood glucose.
This recipe can be easily adjusted to be a delicious healthy caramel iced coffee recipe.
- 1 cup coffee
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup crushed ice
- ⅓ cup unsweetened whipping cream
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Brew your coffee. We prefer to use a French press or Chemex.
- Add one teaspoon of cinnamon to your hot coffee.
- Stir until fully dissolved. Clumps of cinnamon will ruin the experience.
- If you want extra sweetness, add the honey or maple syrup now.
- Wait for the coffee to cool. If your coffee is too hot, the ice will melt too quickly.
- Whisk your whipping cream until you reach medium peaks.
- Pour the coffee and cinnamon mixture into a tall glass.
- Add the crushed ice to your coffee.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Add a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Drinking coffee and managing your weight is possible when you make smart coffee decisions. Excluding dairy milk and sugar from your diet are great ways to cut down on calories.
Did you find our blog helpful? Then consider checking:
- Healthy Whipped Coffee
- Healthy Instant Coffee
- Healthy Vanilla Latte
- Healthy Cold Brew Coffee
- Healthy Blended Coffee Recipe
- Is Black Coffee Unhealthy
- How Much Coffee Is Healthy
- How to Make Healthy Coffee
- Healthiest Iced Coffee
- Best Low Acid Coffee
- What Is Low Acid Coffee
- Low Acid Cold Brew Coffee
- Low Acid Coffee Alternatives
- What Is Organic Coffee
- Best Organic Espresso Beans