Practical Practices of Gratitude
Living a life of gratitude isn’t merely confined to a list on notebook paper or an online journal. As you begin to incorporate these lists or journal entries daily, you will begin to see opportunities to exercise gratitude in your life.
- Compliment people that you encounter throughout your day.
- Smile at those you pass by.
- Spend time in person or even on the phone with your loved ones.
- Volunteer your time to help those in need.
- Focus on the positives in your life.
- Focus on your strengths and the strengths of others.
- See mistakes (in yourself and in others) as a chance to grow.
- Refrain from talking ill of others.
- Avoid negative sources of input (talk from others, social media).
- Send cards or letters to those in your life that you are grateful for.
Our days can be long, and often hectic. No one is immune from this fact of life. But, throughout each day, take time to see reasons to be grateful in each area of your life.
And, strive to be the reason that others have cause to be grateful.